The Journal for the History of Knowledge features an annual special issue, compiled by guest editors, which explores a theme central to the journal’s scope. The special issues of previous years have been Histories of Bureaucratic Knowledge (2020) and Histories of Ignorance (2021).
- We are currently accepting proposals for the 2024 Special Issue. Proposals should contain the following:
- A description of the proposed theme (1500-2000 words) highlighting its significance for the history of knowledge
- A table of contents (typically 8-12 articles of 8000 words)
- Abstracts of the articles
- Two-page CVs of the editors; short biographies of the contributors
- An outline of the production process up to manuscript submission. All manuscripts must be submitted to the journal by May 2023.
- Please send your proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposal deadline: 1 May 2022
Notification of acceptance: by 30 July 2022
After submission, all manuscripts will go through a process of peer-review, author’s revisions, and copy-editing. JHoK is a diamond Open Access journal, at no charge to the authors.
Details of the journal’s scope and a full list of the editorial team and advisory editorial board is available on the journal’s website.